Morningside University Sioux City, IA Full-time Accounting
Posted on March 5, 2023
Morningside University is accepting applications for the full-time position of Accountant. This position shall be responsible for billing, accounts receivable and working with students on their accounts as well as responsible for a variety of accounting functions.
- Daily cash balancing and bank activity review
- Assure the balancing and integrity of assigned accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Depreciation Schedule.
- Maintain Documentation & Inventory of Fixed Assets.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Monthly sales tax reporting.
- Maintain accounting and reporting for capital projects.
- Financial analysis. Prepares reports and surveys.
- Audit and maintain student account receivable accounts (tuition billing, meal plan billing, drop refunds, full withdrawals, etc.)
- Prepare monthly student accounts receivable communications.
- Oversee student payment plans Manage accounts receivable collection process
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Accounting emphasis 3-5 years progressive work experience in accounting or similar field.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Review of applications for the position will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
- Successful completion of a background check verification is required.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, religion, creed, race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, national origin, or other characteristics protected by state and federal law.