Elementary Newcomer Teacher
South Sioux City Community Schools South Sioux City, NE Full-time Education
Posted on March 17, 2023
South Sioux City Community Schools
Now Hiring Elementary Newcomer Teacher
Job ID: 1231
Newcomer teacher, to begin assignment with the 2023/2024 school year,
- This is a new position.
- Dedicated classroom space at Dakota City Elementary.
- Full day of instruction provided. Lunch, specials, recess and all school/grade level activities will be spent with grade level peers.
- Once students are ready to receive Tier 1, grade level instruction, they will transition into the classroom for part of/all of their day.
- Students will remain at DC for the entire year to eliminate disruption in schooling.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- ESL Endorsement appropriate for the instructional responsibility assigned to the teacher (grade level and disability) as required by NDE Rule 15
- Or, as allowed by Rule 15 guidelines, ongoing professional development in lieu of ESL endorsement
- Additional endorsement in core academic subject areas or HOUSE approval as required by the teacher’s assignment to be NCLB qualified
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- #22-Occasional-up to 33% of time
- Must be able to fulfill restraint training procedure
See website for complete job description.