Elementary School Principal
South Sioux City Community Schools is now hiring for an Elementary School Principal for the 2023-24 School Year.
The successful candidate will have experience in building a collaborative culture, establishing/maintaining high expectations for students and staff by serving as an instructional leader, the ability to establish and foster strong relationships, and the capacity to build a professional learning community at the building level.
This position will involve working with staff, students, community stakeholders, and parents. The successful candidate will possess skills in technology, ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, and execute effective oral/written communication. Selected candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain a Nebraska Administrative Certification with applicable endorsement. Established experience in curriculum development and implementation, managing student behaviors, and utilization of data to drive continuous improvement initiatives, is also preferred.
This administrative position requires District residency.
The Elementary Principal uses leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills so as to promote the educational development of each student. Also uses the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities and to perform the identified work activities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Valid Nebraska Administrative and Supervisory Certificate
- Masters degree required
- SUPERVISES All certified teachers, resource personnel, traveling teachers, aides, secretaries, and daytime custodial personnel, while functioning in the assigned school.
- The principal may delegate performance of management duties. Such delegation does not relieve the Elementary Principal from ultimate responsibility or accountability.
- All certified teachers, resource personnel, traveling teachers, aides, secretaries, and daytime custodial personnel, while functioning in the assigned school.
- The principal may delegate performance of management duties.
- Such delegation does not relieve the Elementary Principal from ultimate responsibility or accountability.
South Sioux City Community School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs or activities. Positions are subject to a veteran’s preference.