Assistant County Attorney Felony Prosecutor
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Woodbury County benefits include: IPERS, Health Ins with $250/Ded; Free Dental, Life & LTD Ins;
Sick leave benefits, Vacation, 10 paid Holidays and 2 Personal Days!
Woodbury County, Iowa, a governmental unit as prescribed by the Iowa Code, will accept applications for the following position:
WOODBURY COUNTY ATTORNEY OFFICE
TITLE: Assistant County Attorney Felony Prosecutor
SALARY RANGE: $2,491.54-$2,881.35/bi-weekly.
(Plus Benefits) (Based on Experience)
A felony prosecutor is responsible and accountable for the efficient and effective prosecution of felony crimes and all related misdemeanor crimes in Woodbury County, Iowa under the direct authority of the County Attorney.
The following duties are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Review police reports and communicate effectively with law enforcement, victims, and witnesses in order to make appropriate charging decisions.
- Assist law enforcement in criminal investigations both during business hours and after hours.
- Exercises good judgment in the disposition of cases consistent with justice, public safety, the well-being of victims and applicable law.
- Conduct legal research to prepare motions, briefs, and in preparation for hearings and for trial.
- Attend depositions.
- Appears in District, District Associate, and Magistrate Courts for all proceedings including arraignments, various motion hearings, and trial.
- Prepare and take cases to trial.
- Assists all professional and support staff as needed.
- Performs various other duties relating to scope of responsibility as assigned by the County Attorney.
- Attendance in the office is required.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be licensed by the Iowa Supreme Court to practice law in the State of Iowa or (b) have received the degree of J.D. or LL.B, from a law school fully approved by the A.B.A., and take and pass the next available Iowa Bar Exam and Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam and immediately thereupon be admitted to practice law in the State of Iowa or (c) be eligible for admission to the practice of law in Iowa pursuant to Iowa Court Rule 111 and be admitted to practice law in Iowa pursuant to the rule within 120 days of appointment as an Assistant County Attorney.
- Must have integrity and be of good moral character and fitness.
- Must possess knowledge of the general principles of the Iowa Code, Criminal Procedure and Rules of Evidence.
- Must possess a solid ability for legal research and writing.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Must be hard working, driven, and self-motivated but also must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background check, physical examination, vision, back screen and drug screen prior to employment
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED.
A completed County Application Form and Resume are required.
Woodbury County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the ADA, the County will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
Applicants for employment should contact the Human Resources Dept., Room 701, of the Woodbury County Court House at the above address for further information. Deadline for receipt of applications shall be: 4:30 p.m., Monday January 23, 2023 or until position filled.
Apply at www.woodburycountyiowa.gov , CLICK ON CAREERS